Should I feel guilty?

Im middle management. My assistant calls in sick literally weekly, sometimes multiple days per week. When he does come to work, he is perpetually behind in his work and a time waster. I have no power to discipline him, and have brought his behavior to my superiors multiple times. They have only threatened consequences, but never followed through except once when they had no choice when the infraction became public. When he is out, I have to cover his position as well as my own. Of course, I am never offered assistance from my superiors when this happens. Recently I was told he wouldn’t get his Christmas bonus due to his attendance, but I had the displeasure of giving him his bonus check yesterday. I was more than livid. He was out sick Monday. He was out sick today. I scheduled tomorrow off for myself weeks ago and he just called me saying he would be out again tomorrow. He knows I have taken tomorrow off. I have refused to work for him on my day off and now my boss has to cover for him. My problem is that I have such a strong work ethic that I feel bad about taking time off. My husband says that this would be good for me to make the higher ups feel the pain of his negligence. Part of me wants to go to work to cover, but the other part wants to stick it to my boss. Opinions, please.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Should I feel guilty? Should I feel guilty? Reviewed by Louhi on décembre 12, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.