Hi everyone, first time poster here looking for some advice. I know the main focus of this sub is how to get/quit a job. Basically, based on advice I get here and how my boss/board of directors responds may end up in me resulting in quitting.
To preface, I work for a non-profit agency that cares for adults with developmental disabilities. I have worked here for a little over a year, my mom for 20. Last year all employees received letters at the Christmas party that we would be getting raises, which never came.
Between then and now, things have gone downhill. My mom was a whistleblower to the director's daughter having stolen money... like felony amounts. The director resigned and an associate director from outside the company stepped in. I was asked to come into the office and help clean the place up, help with the investigation, etc.
Working with the board has been... difficult to say the least, especially the president. He has been on the board for 15 years, so arguably this all happened on his watch. Because of this, his focus has solely been on the case/certifying a CEO.
Meanwhile the employees are severely underpaid, with one even struggling with rent this month. When raising wages was brought to the board, they refused, saying they wanted to see how the bank account does when it's not bleeding. So one of our group homes is running skeleton staff, and to help with that, they give the okay to go to a temp agency... which charges nearly double what the lowest paid employee earns. It just blows my mind, and my hopes of getting this place back on its feet is dwindling.
So to get back to my question, since we never received those raises last Christmas (which all employees got written notice of) do they owe us all back pay for 12 months? If we confront the board, and they blow the issue off, who do I contact?
Thank you for any and all advice!
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: