I'm attracted to my boss (married, no kids) and I think he's picked up on it, but I think he slightly likes/liked me too or else I wouldn't like him in the first place. Please help me not ruin my career.
I'm 24 and I started a new job two months ago in an office with 28 men and 1 woman who's almost 60. I report to a guy a decade older than me whose job title is three levels above mine. When I first started the job, I'm 90% pretty sure he didn't wear cologne. Two weeks later, he started to reek of cologne and I still almost always smell it on him when he stands near me. Also, he's recently started wearing contacts despite having previously worn glasses (and never took them off).
Last week, I caught him checking me out and I could just feel that he liked me. One time he jokingly told me he was perfect and waited for me to respond. There were a few instances when he'd stare so intensely into my eyes that I had to look away. At a work party a few days ago, I didn't talk to him but he made eye contact and gave me an extremely shy, sheepish smile that no VP should ever give to an entry level employee. He also runs weekly meetings and talks for 20 minutes - he's very serious and usually smiles only 2-3 times and one of those times has always been when he says my name. There have also been instances where I've talked during the meetings and when I glanced at him, he'd have a huge, somewhat silly grin (maybe to encourage me?) on his face. The other day, he sat at the head of a meeting table and I sat perpendicular to him - his feet took the space where my feet area was and he didn't move his feet until a few minutes after I had accidentally stepped on them. The other day, he came to my cubicle and spoke to me nonstop for nearly an hour - my other coworker even jokingly said that he's acting a little crazy.
He's married and has told me many times that his wife works night shifts and has hinted that he doesn't see her enough. Yesterday we were both at a happy hour, he came over to speak to me and sounded odd after a few drinks, and he mentioned how his wife will be working during the holidays so he won't see her. I'd also had a few drinks and told him more about my personal life than I should have (ex: I told him I lost a college romance by pursuing my career). I vaguely remember touching his shoulder before leaving to go home. Other coworkers were nearby.
Today at the meeting, he mentioned needing to leave work early to buy Christmas gifts for his wife. He asked everyone what they'd bought for their loved ones. He acted very professional and somewhat brusque towards me today (ex: never looking over at my desk when walking past). Even so, he still reeked of cologne and wore contacts (the only other woman besides me in the department of 30 was not in the office) - so I can't help but wonder if he's changing his appearance to impress people (but why would he want to impress other men)? I felt very subdued today for having gotten drunk at the happy hour and touched his shoulder.
Please tell me that I'm overthinking. He's a VERY good boss. He has an insane work schedule but still finds the time to teach me.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: