My work history makes me look like I've been job-hopping, but I left each of them for a reason. Am I just unfortunate?
Whenever I go for a job interview, the interviewer will always disappointingly say, "It seems that you jumped companies a lot." Or "You haven't worked for more than a year at any company."
But I left each company for a reason. Is there a way to make it clear or get rid of this "job-hopping" assumption?
Let me explain.
2014: I started my summer internship at a pharmaceutical company doing marketing and PR work for 3 months.
2015: I graduated with a degree in Mass Communication and got a job as a PR officer at a media agency. I did some PR job for the first 3 months. The team grew so big and very quickly to the point where they were 7 PR officers but not as much job to do. So most of us were reduced to doing data entry work. I continued working there for another 3 months doing data entry before finally bringing up this problem to my boss. She said there's just not much to do and business isn't doing so well. I left after the 7th month.
2016: I got a job in digital marketing at a tech startup company where I worked for a year. I really love the job and would've stayed there longer. But there was a death in the family and I had to go back to my hometown to be closer to my family (at my mother's request). So I left my job in the big city to move back home.
2017: I worked at a pharmacy as a retail assistant in my hometown just to kill some time. I was doing quite well and got promoted to become the sales trainer there to train new staff and do presentation on new pharma products. I really liked the job. But the company has a problem of high turnover rate. People resigned and new people were hired almost every week. It was quite tiring to train and gave the same introduction every week. I spoke to my boss about this and what we can do to reduce the turnover rate. But I got scolded instead and received a verbal warning. My boss didn't like it when people speak up or try to change things. It was a real motivation killer. I left after a year.
2018: I got a job in corporate communication for a local land developing company. The office environment was so toxic. It was the most disgusting place I ever worked at. People gossiping all the time and backstabbing each other. The CEO's wife and mistress (I know right?) always dropped by the office to have some sort of arguments, yelling here and there. Extremely high turnover rate (no surprise there). People coming to the office claiming the CEO has some unsettled loans. People coming to the office claiming they want to sue the CEO. And some other BS. I left after 6 months there.
2019: This year I got a job at a university doing students recruitment (sales & marketing). Again, I like the job. I enjoy doing marketing. I really like talking to parents and discussing future careers with the students. All was well. But then the company suddenly had some financial problems. I heard stories about $20M went missing from finance. It's a rumour with no proof. Okay, fine, whatever. But then the salary came in later and later. And now it's been two months with no salary. Commission from sales had not been release for 4 months. I had eight people in my marketing team and most of them resigned, leaving only two people now. Most of the lecturers left as well and went to work for other universities.
I am very unfortunate, right? Six companies in 5-6 years. Or did I make a mistake by leaving these companies? Should I just stay? Does anyone have similar experience of "job-hopping" but in reality, there were some other problems?
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: