Hired as a permanent employee April 2018 after temping for 2 years. Just found out a temp employee hired to help in my department was being paid more. Can I do anything?
Hey all. Pretty upset about this, I work full time at this company and I'm forced to live with my parents living paycheck to paycheck while a temp makes more than I do. Like I mentioned, i was hired a year ago in April after temping in an adjacent department for nearly 3 years. I was making 15.00 an hour as a temp, and when I was hired I got a "bump" to 15.83ish (33k a year). I was told the salary was non negotiable, and honestly I needed benefits and more stability so I accepted.
Around October 2018 we had a few temps come in and help out and I became friendly with one and we would chat occasionally and kept in touch after he moved on to other ventures. Very recently we were discussing pay and he told me he got paid 17.00-17.50 per hour to temp in my department. I even got a raise and I still make less than a temp.
Can anything be done about this? My department requires a lot of output from us and my salary is laughable. I am reluctant to leave this company however because they fully pay for college courses, and there is no other realistic way I could get my degree. But even though this perk is amazing, it doesnt downplay the fact that I am at a standstill in my life because i can't afford to proceed. It's just so frustrating trying to build your life when working full time won't even cover the basics...any advice would be appreciated
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: