Drinking after a job rejection right now, and I get to go back to the job that makes me cry on Monday. So, before I get on my sober horse ... or, technically, go on my 40 mile bike ride tomorrow morning and nip my disappointment in the bud, I need some hard advice.
I’ve always been a chronic oversharer. Not uncomfortable topics kind of oversharing, but “speaks to fill the silence and just talks way too much” kind. It manifests out of my personal unease with “what people think” and has, I’ve realized, affected me most at work. I go into detail about my life too much and I understand when I’m word vomiting but I can’t stop.
Further, and as evidenced by this post, I’m far too wordy. Blame it on my life for message board RPGs as a child.
With that being said, I’ve been job hunting recently. I’m absolutely miserable and need out. I’ve used my understanding of my affliction to “help me out” when I go out on phone interviews or, most recently, an all-day onsite. As in, if I don’t provide detail, my colleagues will think something is afoot, because telling them about my movements is a daily occurrence.
Hell, I don’t know if r/jobs is the place to post this, but I need help. How can I break myself of this awful habit and not carry it into my next workplace? I want to be like my coworkers and feel comfort in not providing details. I want to write succinct emails. I want to be better.
I’m off to enjoy more wine now. Thanks in advance :)
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: