So I just gave my first resignation letter

AND IT WAS STRESSFUL !

Here is my story, and I think it could be interesting for some people in my situation.

Everything began when I emigrated to another country in hope to gain some more money and have a better life then before. (In my home country as a software engineer you are at about 1000 $ per month before taxes which is tough)

I landed a job in a richer country by the time I was grateful but quickly realized that many things were wrong, I didn’t have a say in any issue, and I was just here to do the tasks that orders didn’t want to do. Every time I was proposing something to improve the current state of things on meetings I was destroyed in a public space and shamed for doing something that is not my job (even though it is). It is a place where one cannot improve, cannot change things because then olders of the company would be redundant and not needed anymore cause they would not understand the new paradigm of things.

This whole toxic situation came to a point where I preferred watching reddit and YouTube instead of working extra (I had a lot of free time due to me being quite efficient and under used by the company, basically a software engineer doing sql queries...)

This whole situation was going worse and worse with me trying from time to time to propose new ideas and concepts and every single time being frowned upon during meetings and blatantly attacked for my ideas...

It lasted until last two months (1 year and 9 months) until one of my coworker asked my boss a raise, he was hired at the same time as me with the same salary, our boss promised us a nice raise (13%) and apparently that raise was approved by HR, he also promised the whole team a bonus that was also agreed by the direction.

At that time I started calculating salaries and at that time I started to see that even with this 13% raise I still would be (way) under the minimum pay for my profession taking into account experience and city and all that (this country has open stats on salaries)

And at that time I started looking for a job... and oh boy I was in for a ride! After one day when I applied to a company for a nicer set of technologies (cause the previous company was using very old tech) I got a contact and an interview with recruiters (everything here passes by recruiters) and when they asked for my salary expectations I threw away a number that seamed to me unbelievably high... I asked for 40% more then what I was making.

40% more !! And you know what was the surprise !? They where happy with my number cause their scale was from 40 to 55% more then what I was making at the time !! So even with shooting an extraordinarily high amount for me it was STILL their lowest budget for a software engineer.

This is the moment I decided that my current company was clearly taking advantage of me, I started doing more and more interviews with the company that was ok with my 40% price hike, it was a job that asked for someone more mature with more experience but nevertheless I proved after about 6 interviews that I was the best and they thought so too. All of this without my current work knowing anything about my plans.

While waiting for feedback my old company boss called me in his office and told me I want to announce a raise !! And I was like cool maybe something decent since he promised 13% and at the end I got... 3% raise, plus I for some reason couldn’t have a bonus but they gave me some money “as a thank you” which correspond to less then 5% of my monthly salary... I seriously thought they were taking a piss at me at this time but couldn’t leave as I didn’t have any answer yet from the new company...

THE NEXT DAY after accepting the pay raise, I got an offer from a company which corresponded to 45% salary increase (and I asked 40% they even gave me more then my first proposal) Let me tell you I quit on the spot! It was very stressful as I never had to quit a job... BUT I DID.

Now I am on my notice period, I will have a background check done from some checking company and in some time my new contract will start !! And oh boy it feels good !!

I passed from a very underpaid salary to an amazing one (I still can’t imagine that salary possible) in a company that has a modern technology stack !

So my advice when you are in some similar situation don’t hesitate to ask for a salary that you think you deserve, even if it looks unbelievable ! And don’t fear to give your resignation letter (my heart rate went to 100 I am usually in the low 50 when sitting, god it was stressful !)

Anyway that’s my small story and I hope some people will find it in them to look out the window and find something better (the whole process took about 1 month)

Have a nice day !

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

So I just gave my first resignation letter So I just gave my first resignation letter Reviewed by Louhi on mai 01, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.