So, as the title says, I found a job that I really want to go for. It seems to match my skills perfectly. Benefits aren't too shabby, either.
However, when doing a search of the company on LinkedIn, it appears that a few of the employees, including someone who is in charge of recruiting, is a 1st-degree connection with my big boss.
Now, LinkedIn doesn't really tell you how strong these ties are, but the fact that my big boss has several connections with people at my desired company, especially one in a key position, is (stupidly?) giving me pause.
Maybe it's my paranoia settling in (thanks, past bad experiences!), plus the fact that the field I'm in can be rather insular. Also, the company I work for isn't very large. But all I need is for a key hiring person to see where I'm currently working, realize he knows my big boss, and the two somehow start chatting it up about this person who wants to leave for somewhere else after about a year.
Am I overthinking it? Should I just apply anyway, and see what happens?
And in case anyone was wondering, there's no NDA/non-compete in play here. I'm just thinking of any potential awkwardness/spite that may befall me.
Edit: Connection info.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: