Backed out of a job offer after signing paperwork - parent insists on going to the company to ask for the original copies of the forms back.

Background - I'm a HS senior in Canada (18YO) and I just applied for a part-time job at a very large grocery store. I was given an offer and some more details on what the job entails and stupidly accepted in the spot after being asked if I was still interested. I mulled over the job for a few days after handing in the new hire forms, union application forms, etc with my information (birthday, address, SIN number) and then ultimately contacted the manager and told him that I was unfortunately no longer interested.

Now my mother insists on contacting the manager and asking for the forms I handed in back since it contains my personal information - she's worried that the company will use it to harm me in some way.

This does seem logical to me but I am still opposed to it because of a variety of reasons:

  • My info was already put into the company's online systems for payroll, scheduling, etc - not sure what she would do with the original forms if the information is already in their online systems?
  • I haven't heard of people asking for their signed forms back in a situation like this - granted I'm quite young and haven't held many jobs so I am unfamiliar with these situations in general.
  • The company has an extremely large in Canada (it has billions of dollars in revenue) and I honestly doubt that they would use my information in any wrongful manner considering they employee hundreds of thousands of people and most likely deal with these situations very often
  • Outside of this request my mother has a history of being overly paranoid to the point of mental illness, so I am quite wary of her interfering in my life decisions in general. That being said if this is the correct decision I won't hesitate to follow her suggestion.

Any advice? Does this seem right to you? Are there any consequences if I don't do this?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Backed out of a job offer after signing paperwork - parent insists on going to the company to ask for the original copies of the forms back. Backed out of a job offer after signing paperwork - parent insists on going to the company to ask for the original copies of the forms back. Reviewed by Louhi on avril 14, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.