Next year, I will receive my B.S in Political Science. My main passion is U.S Politics. I typically avoid Comparative and IR. Also, unlike most of my peers, I have no interest in law school. I am open to attending grad school, but for now I have no immediate plans to attend. That may change if I find a job that hires me on the condition that I pursue a Master's, or I find myself in a situation that every job that I apply to rejects my application because I do not have an advanced degree. But something in my gut is telling me to hold off on graduate school for now, especially since I have no idea what sub-field I would want to focus on.
My current political experience involves working on a Congressional campaign last fall. I made $15 an hour. Knocking on doors. Phone banking. I was essentially a foot soldier for my local Congressman's re-election campaign. I was really good at what I did. So much so that I successfully convinced many of the constituents with no intention of going to the polls to vote on election day. I find myself very engaged in campaign work. Whether it be local, statewide, or national. I. Love. Campaigns. I love talking to people. Debating the issues that matter.
I mention this because I'm confident that with my experience (I also intend on taking an internship before graduation), and a letter of recommendation from my (sadly former) Congressman, I will have no trouble getting a job working on the next election in 2020. My district is one of the most competitive in the nation, so a lot of money is being spent. Both campaigns pay very, very well. My boss who was a regional campaign director made 4K a month. So, with my experience and connections, I believe can land a higher position than I did last time and earn some good money for a little while. The big problem with campaign work is the lack of stability. Once the election is over, you're out of a job. But I love it so much that I want to continue with it.
I think it's also worth noting that I have a personal relationship with my State Assemblyman and Senator. I involve myself very deeply in local and state level politics, and I live near the State Capital, so I can also use my connections on that level to find something as well.
But I would appreciate some advice. I would like to know how my job prospects look, and if I can have a good future. If any of you reading this obtained your Bachelor's in PoliSci and did not attend law or graduate school, what kind of work did you guys find, if any? Thanks.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: