Advice needed for quitting a part time retail job.

Long story short. My father owns a business completely unrelated to the job I'm currently working, and I fully plan on taking his business over when he retires or can't work anymore.

I ran my own small business for 5 years but it fell apart for a variety of reasons. I left that startup venture in July of last year.

My father's business is seasonal, but he makes as much as a middle class person working all year. So it's well worth it.

Now here's the dilemma.

When my business fell apart I took 2 months off to get my health back (another long story). September rolled around and I didn't want to just sit around until the end of January. So I took a seasonal retail job just to make a few bucks until my father's business started.

At first it was okay, tough hours, but it fit my life at the time. However, when the season was over, my manager went out of her way to keep me because I was reliable and a good worker. Most people have to fill out a form and management decides whether to keep them or not.

I was let go due to not filling the form out, a few weeks later she offered me a part time job and I explained that I have extremely limited availability. She was fine with it and willing to work with me I was able to balance my future career and a part time job.

Now here's where it turned sour. The company fired my manager. I now have a new manager who is not someone I want to work for at all. Now, this is a part time job that is absolutely grueling. When I started I had a co-worker who I was able to work with and make the workload manageable. The work is extremely physical and they only have young men do what we do as it involves alot of heavy lifting, moving furniture, etc. I don't stand behind a register everyday or something like that. It actually gets dangerous sometimes.

I plan on quitting asap. I know enough people to find another job and have more than enough savings to be absolutely fine. I'm also extremely fortunate to live with my family for now, so it's not like I need the money I make, and even if I did, it literally doesn't pay enough to split rent with another person.

Now here's where it gets difficult. My father's business is finished for the season in 2 1/2 weeks.

Normally, I'd give a two weeks notice. But I took this job under the impression it would be flexible.

Also, this is minimum wage retail. I've worked other jobs that pay the same that were nowhere near as hard as this.

But, could quitting affect my chances at another future job I take in the offseason?

(I've never blatantly quit a real job before, 1st company was sold, left 2nd job to open my own business but left on good terms)

I really want to just quit, help my father, and find a summer job.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Advice needed for quitting a part time retail job. Advice needed for quitting a part time retail job. Reviewed by Louhi on avril 02, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.