Last Thursday, I turned in my notice after accepting a new job out-of-state. This wasn't an easy decision, as I like my coworkers and many perks at my current job (namely work-life balance + benefits/vacation time) that I'd lose at my new employer. However, I would be making more money and have better long-term salary prospects in my new position, which is why I applied in the first place.
Anyway, my work was very sad to see me go and provided a same-day counter offer that'd boost my salary significantly, albeit not to the level of the out-of-state position. (When you factor in cost of living differences, there isn't a notable disparity.)
For whatever reason, I declined, and on Friday, all of my clients + coworkers were notified of my impending departure in two weeks' time. Since then, I've been sick to my stomach non-stop about my decision and deeply regret not accepting the counter offer. It's not much of an excuse, but the HR person from the new company was pressuring me to make an immediate decision at the time.
While I'd ultimately be making more money in the long run at the new company, I really don't want to start my life over on relatively short notice in a brand new location and leave all of my friends and family behind. (I know literally no one where I'll be moving, and I'm otherwise content in my personal life where I'm at now.) Furthermore, my current position may not pay extremely well, but the benefits and work-life balance to me trump working for more money for 45-55 hours a week, which is what has been told I should expect at my new position.
I feel like an idiot now, and my gut is telling me I should rescind my resignation and decline the out-of-state job. I'm confident that my boss would accept (and do so happily), but I'm worried that I've already irreparably harmed my relationship with our organization by doing so, that the counter offer will no longer be an option, and that all of my coworkers and clients would think I'm a nutjob for changing my mind on such notice.
If you have any advice or experienced similar second thoughts before, it'd be appreciated.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: