Accepted a job offer and signed a contract. Got another offer that pays WAY more. Should I bother renegotiating w/ original employer?

Entering workforce for the first time. I really like the culture of Company 1 who extended an offer first and they treated me better throughout the recruitment process. It's been 2 weeks since I signed the contract. However, I held out for Company 2, who just offered me a salary that's 13k higher and a sign on bonus that's 8k more than what Company 1 offered me. I think I'm prepared to walk away if needed (have to sleep on it tho) but if I really would prefer to stay at Company 1, should I bother bringing it up? Or will that be too risky/hurt relations/etc.? If it's too much to ask for a salary increase now, could I ask them to write in my contract I want a salary increase in like 3 months after starting? 21k is not an insignificant number. -- if it was only a few thousand I'd probably let it go.

Company 1 and Company 2 are competitors and they likely lose employees to each other. I will probably only stay 2-3 years at either company, though that could change if I have a super positive experience. Someone recommended I go to Company 2 now and if I don't like it I can probably get into Company 1 later -- but is that unlikely to happen if I back out now?

*edit: both companies do management consulting

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Accepted a job offer and signed a contract. Got another offer that pays WAY more. Should I bother renegotiating w/ original employer? Accepted a job offer and signed a contract. Got another offer that pays WAY more. Should I bother renegotiating w/ original employer? Reviewed by Louhi on avril 26, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.