10+ years of freelance work, not much else

Here's my situation:

I graduated from a fairly well-known engineering school in the US, but with a not particularly great GPA. The economy wasn't particularly great in my area in the early 2000s, so combined with the low GPA, I ended up getting quite a few temp jobs that were office work, but basically turned into programming gigs. Those jobs got me the contacts to get into small business IT as an independent contractor. Made me enough money to buy a home, etc, etc, I was doing this full-time.

Fast-forward 10-12 years and business was falling off, plus I realized that this wasn't something that I wanted to do for the rest of my life (I was always more interested in biomedical engineering and medicine). At this point, I applied to the local university and started a post-bacc program while still freelancing in IT. I'm still enrolled in the program, doing a bunch of volunteer work as well, but I'm not getting much traction as far as applying for jobs.

At this point, I'm looking for something part-time, either administrative in a medical setting (ideally that gives experience with EMR) or involving research. I have the office, programming, and general technical skillset to do any of those jobs, but how do I keep my resume due to people seeing the freelance work as a "gap" in my experience?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

10+ years of freelance work, not much else 10+ years of freelance work, not much else Reviewed by Louhi on avril 26, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.