Starting Internship Soon - Fear I may not be good enough?

This is my second job related to the new field I’m wrapping up my diploma for (HR). The first job, I did before even registering for this diploma i’m currently finishing up. It was a recruitment and scheduling job for a small company with 3 employees; relatively manageable. I left because the money was low, and the overtime was unpaid, and 2/4 weeks, I had no work-life balance as I was on call and getting woken up with text messages, calls, emails, and more from 11pm to the start of my shift the next day, at 9am. Then repeat for two weeks out of the month. Currently: part of the diploma is doing an internship over the summer months, and luckily, I got a paid internship with the freaking government and I start within the next month or so - if all goes well such as background checks and hopefully they will, unless i’m a criminal and I don’t even know it. I feel like i’m out of depths here. I’ve worked in retail before, my communication is good, but this role requires a lot of administration and the small details such as signatures on an important documents. They stressed that in the job interview in many of the questions; the smaller details. While the team members I have this far met with have been lovely, and so has the communication with them over email, phone and more, I can’t shake the feeling that I am WAY out of my depth here - and not ready for something government (though i’m happy and grateful and excited to be working there) and generally, second guessing myself.

How do you overcome new job/internship nerves and how do you silence that “you’re not good enough” voice in the back of your head, if you have ever faced it?

TLDR: In the final processes of background checks and more being done with a huge, government institution while finishing up my diploma. The 4 month long internship is with the government and I come from working with small retail/stores and companies and i’m second guessing my abilities. Need help/tips/your experiences to calm me down.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Starting Internship Soon - Fear I may not be good enough? Starting Internship Soon - Fear I may not be good enough? Reviewed by Louhi on mars 31, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.