I was hired in spring 2018 for a 1 year temporary contract. Two months later a new employee was hired and I thought she was hired full time perm. She turned out to be very competitive, was often asking what I was working on, would respond to my clients/do my tasks if I didn't reply to certain emails/action stuff within a minute, even when I was on duty...she was bossy even though she's not my supervisor...in short a pushy person who was often stepping on my toes,. She even went so far as to tell me what to say on the phone or interrupt me when I was on a phone call. I once lost my cool and got angry at her, then turned my back and she complained to the manager. After that things went downhill for me. The manager micromanaged me with 1 on 1 coaching sessions a few times a week for months. I was ready to pull my hair out and felt railroaded. Luckily that manager left on leave and we had a new supervisor, but she too was picky. Still, I thought it was my opportunity to show I can perform at a higher level and for a fresh start.
When I found out the colleague hired after me was also hired on a 1 year contract, and she found out my temp status, we had 1 on 1 meetings with the new supervisor and assistant manager , and I think that bossy colleague must have complained , or something happened, but suddenly I was told my contract would not be renewed, while Miss Bossy got a 6 month extension. Still not the full time perm she wanted but better than me.
Here's the thing: in a recent positive turn of events, my supervisor who previously told me my contract was done, refused to provide a reference and even suggested I change careers after getting some complaints (some were legit, others were probably catty women who wanted me gone) , suddenly told me my contract was being extended by 72 days. She hand delivered a "private and confidential" letter with that extension offer and privately told me if I can improve my performance and the woman I was replacing doesn't return, then I might have a chance at full time perm.
Now stupid me, instead of keeping my terms of employment to myself, I told a colleague I rant to often (and she rants back at me) about it. She's friends with the bossy nosy woman who tried to get me fired and then who, practically gloated about my contract ending. That bossy woman recently asked me if I was offered full time permanent , had a chance, or how long my contract extension was. I know she would totally flip out if I got a full time perm. offer and she wouldn't because she sees herself as a high performer , is competitive and tried to already get me fired.
What can I do about colleagues like her who pretend to care for me (when she wrote an insincere sounding farewell email when she thought me contract was done), but in reality will step on you, tattle, complain, all so they can achieve their goals at your expense?
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: