Got a job after 3 months of being unemployed, and I quit my first damn day.

Sorry it's long but it was a different experience that I wish to never have again. Think I'll just stick to factory work.

I've been job searching like crazy when a buddy of mine tells me about his ex working for an old folks home as a nurse, and tells me how easy the kitchen area is. I've never worked kitchen a day in my life and the only thing I've done with food, aside from baking or cooking at home, was slice meat and work a bakery at a grocery store. I was excited right away to get the job even though they knew I'd never worked in a kitchen a day in my life.

I waited a week for orientation, got a physical done, finger printing done, went to orientation and kept my wits about me. I was feeling quite positive. I was told I would work a week or so with their best cook (which turned out to be more for prepping for when the old folks got to the cafeteria) and setting up trays, laying out silverware, the usual. My first day was absolute chaos to me and I do feel shitty for quitting.

The first thing they had me do was try and spread frozen frosting onto a frozen sheet cake that was already cut into small squares for the dessert. After repeating myself several times that it doesn't work that way they put the 1 gallon frosting tub into boiling water to help warm it up to spread. Being a somewhat knowledgeable person with frosting and cakes, I knew this would be a disaster. It melted the frosting instead. I shrugged it off best I could and just kept working.

They gave me 3 days to learn everything. I had to learn where everything was in the kitchen along with what foods were in what cooler, freezer and stock room. I had no time to look over everything. The woman I was working with was super slow at her job and was getting annoyed when I interrupted her conversations with questions. When serving meals, she would change what a regular meal was on the plate (there were very few things to choose from but enough to still make it confusing) and did not teach me at all about the different types of food (such as hard food, soft food, and blended up food as it was specific to certain old people diets). There were 4 different levels! Each level of food meant that it would be solid, liquified, or simply chopped up small. They didn't provide much when defining them. The woman I worked with made me go 5 hours straight with no break with only a 30 minute lunch, then work another 3 hours no break and if you're a smoker like me, that can get pretty frustrating.

I was expected to learn all the process in the back kitchen, plus where all the old people like to sit so I didn't set too many tables, along with specific diets set up. Even taking notes made it confusing because she kept changing things! It made me go from excited to pissed off all on my first day and I quit. Oh, and I forgot to mention I was expected to work lunch and dinner time while training for the early morning, when it's really slow, and then get thrown out on my own after just 3 days.

It may not seem like that big of a deal to most but I don't catch on as quick as others. If I had at least a week to train I would have stayed. But they weren't willing to negotiate that at all.

What's even worse is I borrowed money from a relative to get these scrubs and I just couldn't handle the pressure in the end. I'll be paying my relative back the money I owe but it's back to job searching for me again lol.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Got a job after 3 months of being unemployed, and I quit my first damn day. Got a job after 3 months of being unemployed, and I quit my first damn day. Reviewed by Louhi on mars 31, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.