Genuinely curious about how people make long term careers in the, "Corporate", "Cubicle" career spectrum?

I graduated college recently with my bachelors. I sort of went to college, not knowing what I wanted to do, since alot of my passions are derived from things that you don't necessarily need a college degree in (writing novels, screenplay, film making). I always took the advise of, "leave that as a side hobby", and focus on a career that can bring bread to the table sort of job.

I recently got hired with a company that is honestly a great work place. People are genuinely friendly, and promotes a really open and inviting work place environment (think your stereotypical silicone valley type of office environment). So I can't say anything bad about the company itself...plus the job pays extremely well for what it is.

That said, I truly can't comprehend how people make long term careers with this type of work environment. Stuck in a cubicle, sitting down for the majority of the day (my back and ass hurt so much after work), consistently stuck in rush hour traffic, and after FINALLY getting home, all I want to do is eat dinner and pass out....then I have to wake up in the morning and do it all again.

Aside from that, it's very uninspiring work. I work for a company that wants to grow, and be profitable for it's shareholders and major company stake holders. There is no mission, there is no cause. It's all about money, and I am there pawn that helps them reach closer to that goal. I show up 8 hours, eat dinner, go to bed, then do it again. I feel like a robot, who only feels human on Saturday, and Sunday.

Granted, it's my choice, and I'm sure I will move on from this position once I have my finances in order ( I took this job, because the pay was so high, and had student loans I needed to pay off)...With that said, I truly don't understand how some people can do this soulless, robotic work permanently till the day they retire (at age 65) and spend the last 10-15 years of there life getting to do things they actually want after.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Genuinely curious about how people make long term careers in the, "Corporate", "Cubicle" career spectrum? Genuinely curious about how people make long term careers in the, "Corporate", "Cubicle" career spectrum? Reviewed by Louhi on mars 08, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.