Background: graduated in 2016 from a highly ranked public university with a degree in Business Administration. Made the mistake of not obtaining an internship during my time in college, just held a couple of service jobs here and there. Come graduation, I still had no idea what I wanted to do. Since then, I've been working as an administrative assistant at a relative's engineering firm. It's monotonous work and my hours have dwindled substantially over the past year as there just isn't much work for me anymore.
I need a change, but I'm not sure where to start. There are so many different types of careers out there but I feel a bit pigeon-holed with my degree choice. I don't really possess any unique, valuable skills as a result of this degree. In contrast, someone with a degree in digital marketing or programming, for example, has a more specific set of skills that makes them a lot more valuable to an employer. I'm not sure returning to school for another degree is the right move though as I'm still $20k+ deep in student debt.
I took a number of marketing courses in college so thought about something in that realm. Alas, I'm not seeing any entry-level marketing positions that don't require at least 2 years of experience. Same thing with the advertising industry. I also looked into some data analyst jobs as that sounds interesting to me, but these also require 2+ years of experience. I'm just overwhelmed with all of the options and requirements.
As far as interests go, I'd say I'm pretty into technology, sports, and e-commerce. Personality wise, I'm pretty laid back and slightly introverted (as in, I find excessive communication very draining). So something like sales is definitely off the table for me, which kind of sucks since sales is one of the few entry-level positions (other than admin assistant) that a business admin major can acquire with little-to-no experience.
Just looking for ideas. Any redditors who used to be administrative assistants and moved on to different roles? What did it take? Go back to school? Sign up for a coding bootcamp or similar? Obtain online certifications?
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: