Anyone in education here? How to make it through the remainder of the year...

I work at a high school in one of the offices. I've had this job for 2 years. My direct supervisor is the vice principal, and it is hell working with her. This may or may not be relevant, but I know it isn't just me being "sensitive" or anything like that as there have been numerous complaints about her (including grievances) from staff, parents, and students.

I am a non tenured employee on a contract until June. It is clear to me that I will not be offered a job for the following school year due to the problems I have with the vp (I have already started to apply for jobs even if I have to break my contract).

My problem is getting through the rest of the school year. A couple of weeks ago she called me in and shut the door and verbally gave me a list of complaints that she had with me (1 was something minor from a coworker but the rest were all from her). I broke down and cried. She made comments that my attitude has been bad lately and that I ask her questions for things that I should know. You know how there's that expression "No such thing as stupid questions"? She doesn't like when I ask her questions, or for clarification. She has regularly contradicted herself with me. Last year she didn't like me asking coworkers questions and said that I should only ask her questions so I have been doing that. When I do ask her questions, she gets upset and speaks to me in a degrading manner. She has told me that a coworker complained that I had body odor (but then in this meeting she changed her story and said that she was the one who thought that I smelled...), among other things.I mentioned to her that I'm scared that this meeting will affect my job evaluation that many of us are getting. She didn't comment directly yes, but said that it won't look that great (don't remember her exact wording). I asked her point blank if I should start looking for another job and she said that's a personal choice.

At the end of the day today, I went to my mailbox at work and there was a sealed envelope with a 2 page note from her titled "interoffice correspondence". It basically addressed the meeting however she altered quite a few things in it. She also wrote , "You asked about your performance evaluation. It won't be stellar". The rubric for the evaluation is very specific and I made sure I have been collecting documents to support that I am doing my job, but her comment made it clear that she will make this personal.

The union is worthless especially with nontenured employees. I spoke to them and was told that the letter was most likely not a written warning, but that I could have a union rep in meetings when she calls for me (this honestly makes me more nervous for some reason because it makes me feel like I am a problem). They stated I could file a grievance however I truly believe this will add fuel to the fire since I see her every day, around the clock.

The principal is a piece of work herself (I don't really work that much with her since she isn't my direct supervisor) so going to her won't make matters better (will probably make it worse actually). Again the vp has regularly had formal complaints against her, but nothing seems to happen (and she has been at the school for years).

Like I said in the title, how can I get through the rest of the school year? I don't know who to ask for help or for support since there is no one approachable. On top of it, I am extremely scared that this job will affect me getting employed at another school (I live in a small city where this is the largest district) especially since the jobs I have found require a letter of recommendation from the last supervisor that I had (and they do reference check).

I have had my share of shitty bosses, but none who have treated me like this one. I'm lucky that tomorrow I have professional development off site so I won't have to see her, but then on Monday it's back to the usual.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Anyone in education here? How to make it through the remainder of the year... Anyone in education here? How to make it through the remainder of the year... Reviewed by Louhi on mars 08, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.