I'm an elementary school teacher, applied to a job for next school year in a different district. The person in charge of hiring got back to me a couple of days after I applied. I replied to her email about setting up an interview a couple of hours after she had sent it, but since it was Friday afternoon I figured I wouldn't hear back until Monday at the earliest
In her email she had listed several dates available for an interview, including Monday, February 4th (she had emailed me on the 1st). I had replied saying that I could the do 4th after school if that works for her. And I heard nothing back that entire week, which I found a little strange - if you list a certain day as an option for an interview, why am I not hearing back from you at all? Even if you can't do it anymore, can't you at least email back saying so? But I thought, well, maybe it's been a very eventful week for her, though that's not much of an excuse (in my opinion) for the lack of communication
I finally heard back from her this past Monday, the 11th. She told me that because she had to put together a committee for the interview, she couldn't have done it so short notice (referring to me saying I could do the 4th), but to let her know if any of the other dates worked. I thought well, ok, but if that day was too short notice, why mention it at all as an option? I replied the following morning and picked another date at the end of the month
And again, I've heard zilch from her. I understand that work can get busy, especially in an administrative role at a school district, but, to me, that doesn't excuse poor communication (especially when the email would literally take thirty seconds at most). It just comes off as unprofessional to me, and I can't help but wonder if this is the type of person I'd want to be working under (for context, I applied to be a bilingual teacher, and she's the head of the program for that district)
I'm almost to the point where, if she does reply, I want to say "Sorry, not interested anymore". I'm just annoyed at this point, and my past experiences with people like this (poor communicators, taking forever to reply) haven't always gone well
What would you do? Go through with it, or move on? I've been applying to other jobs as well, so it's not like everything is hanging on this one, but I would really welcome the fresh challenge of teaching in two languages as opposed to the general education classes I've been teaching
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: