Need some job path ideas... (a little experience in my degree field but not sure I want to continue that route)

Greetings,

Im looking for some advice on how to proceed with my job search/overall direction.

in a nutshell: got a degree (BA Mass Communications) a few years ago even though I wasn't super interested in working in media or related fields. I still managed to get a couple years experience in the field. The problem is this: I am not confident in the skills I acquired outside of customer service and some minor graphic design skills.

I recently quit my last job a few months ago due to an incredibly toxic environment with horrible pay (before anyone judges I was having daily anxiety attacks. My health would have bottomed out had I stayed) and am struggling getting any leads. I have applied to city jobs I think I would enjoy (tailored my resume) along with trying other companies as well but have had no success yet.

I am starting to wonder if I should fundamentally look at shifting fields considering i have no desire in working in my degree field at this point and even if I did I am not confident in my skills right now in new media (IE graphic design, marketing, web design, etc). my college is just now overhauling the program to bring it up to the 21st century but when I was there the program was an absolute joke and gave us very few skills and little quality internship opportunities.

My local area doesn't have very many quality employers and i am totally clueless as to how I could potentially relocate to another area without blowing through my savings account.

I could keep playing the "job slot machine" and just hope an opportunity comes up in my area I will be a match for but I feel I'm not in control of my job situation right now.

In the interim I am trying to volunteer in places I think I would actually have a passion for (IE working with animals) but haven't had any success getting volunteer opportunities.

Thoughts on this overall situation? Should I consider switching fields to something I would actually enjoy even if it means more education? Should i try creating a small business? I don't have a lot of money to play with but am seriously at my wits end.

To add one more bit: I would like to get into a field/path that can reward me down the road: IE actually having a livable wage/job stability/acquiring real skills. Im not super interested working in dead end customer service jobs.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Need some job path ideas... (a little experience in my degree field but not sure I want to continue that route) Need some job path ideas... (a little experience in my degree field but not sure I want to continue that route) Reviewed by Louhi on février 19, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.