How to handle background check?

I recently gave notice at my company after receiving and accepting a written offer. However, my soon-to-be employer wants to do a third-party background check. I filled out the background check form with my employment history and included the job I held before this one, which was also on my resume. Under "reason for leaving," I wrote "personal reasons"; I left that job when I had a sick family member to care for who wasn't covered by FMLA (which applies only to parents, spouses, and children).

However, my departure from the job was actually a termination due to performance issues related to my family member's illness and the stress of trying to deal with it while working full-time. My boss was VERY understanding when he brought me into his office to let me go and I immediately told him that I'd already written my resignation letter because I realized that I needed to be a full-time caretaker. The usual procedure at my office was to escort people from the building on their last day, but I was allowed to finish out the week to hand off projects, and even encouraged to tell my coworkers that I was departing voluntarily. I was also assured that the HR department has a strict neutral reference policy and will only confirm dates of employment and title when contacted (which was reflected by my own experience, having worked for a time in the HR department before transferring to another department), so I had no worries that the background check would turn up the "involuntary termination" note on my record.

However, now I'm not so sure that I did the right thing. Should I contact the recruiter who's bringing me on board and explain this situation and the fact that the background check might turn up an involuntary separation which was in the works when I decided to step away ("my position was terminated when giving notice"), or should I just check in with my old employer to make sure the neutral reference policy will be strictly adhered to, and then let it go? My soon-to-be employer already knows that I was out of the workforce for a while to care for my family member after leaving that job.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

How to handle background check? How to handle background check? Reviewed by Louhi on février 19, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.