There's a company local to me called Graphic Packaging International. I have seen their job postings for maybe 2-3 years now online. I got a call one day months ago from a staffing agency and went through the hiring process at the agency, did the drug test and also went to the actual orientation at the employer for a couple of hours. The safety manager who did the orientation said they have done about 24 "rounds" of orientation with about 10 people or so in each one, for that year alone. He said he didn't know why people kept leaving. He had been there for like 30 years with the company. We walked out onto the floor and saw the employees working on the machine(s) we would be working on. He told us, "You see, they're not working at that fast of a pace, it is just repetitive over 12 hours." One lady looked over and laughed as if thinking, "Oh boy, ANOTHER group of people to come and go??" During the orientation tour, I remember the safety manager telling us that we would likely be "replacing some of those people" as openings came up. I found that to be odd. We were basically being told that we'd start "when more people quit" to open a position.
Then I waited on the agency after orientation for about 15 days for a start date. It was about 1.5 months from the new year. The agency kept telling me they were waiting on a start date from the company and that the company was trying to get their new year budget together or something and selectively picking one or two people at atime. The agency called me up one afternoon at about 3pm when I was out of town and asked if I could work that night for a 7pm to 7am shift. I was hired for 7am to 7pm specifically. He said he knew that and was just going down the list looking for someone who could work. Dude called me like 2 minutes later and I didn't answer because I had my phone turned down and figured he wouldn't call anymore. When I returned the call the next day, he claimed he couldn't reach me and that I "needed to be more available" for him. He claimed that the second time he called 2 minutes later was for a day shift the next morning. So I went back and forth with that guy for like half of a month and I never got to start for the job. He had assured me that I didn't need to do any more job searching when I was hired at the agency, but then after that, that same recruiter said half of a month later that I should "always keep my options open" and seemed different.
Did this ruin it for me with the company directly or just the agency? I emailed that same recruiter at the agency and he said he'd "keep me in mind" if they get an opening. I have seen new openings with the company being listed directly and the agency isn't calling me about it. They posted one and I applied for it again through the agency. No response. Did I ruin my chance with the agency AND the company or just the agency? After waiting 15 days or so, I notified the agency via email that I couldn't wait much longer and needed a job. I eventually had to take another job that I have now been at for 2.5 months, but hate it. When I took the other job, I properly notified my recruiter at the agency and he basically said, "Perfect! Good luck!" or something similar in his email reply. So I didn't just cut them off. I'm curious about the other company, but also wary of their high turnover.
The company itself is also posting direct-hire positions for the same thing on their website. I have applied through that way, as well. No responses, but I keep trying. They have Former Operators who catch some kind of cardboard trays that fast food restaurants use off from the machines, check to make sure they glued properly, pack them into a box, tape it closed and stack pallets of them. Starting pay through the temp agency was $10/hour and the safety guy in the orientation said that everyone "doesn't get out of there without working 50 hours a week." 12-hour shifts, so basically 4 days. One lady got hired after 1 month with the agency based on work ethic. When you get hired by the employer, it goes from $10/hr to $18.65/hr. So this is a $53K a year job as a basic machine operator/packer. I see other jobs such as Feeder-Packer and Gluer Operator listed regularly. They are a union, so 10% union fees. Steel toed boots/shoes required, earplugs, hairnet and safety glasses. Sometimes they work over 50 hours, but that's even more money - like 66K a year for working 5 days (60 hours) if you do.
They can't seem to keep enough help. Why would this be? Why would their turnover be so high? I see that they're also hiring for various management positions, as well.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: