I started a new job at a public school (teacher) about four months ago, and within the first week I realized it was going to be a nightmare. I felt both duped by the interviewer, and stupid for not asking more in-depth and probing questions.
I had pretty bad panic attacks in the first few weeks, but as time went on I felt a little more settled. But it has still been an extremely difficult position, and has been draining on me and negatively affecting my well being. It has been made quite clear that I don’t want a future here, and so I had started the job search again about a month ago.
Happy to report that I received a job offer this week and have accepted it, but that puts me in the difficult and uncomfortable position of having to give notice and leave. I know the right thing to do is give a good amount of time, if possible so that they can search for another candidate, but given the toxicity of the job and the fact that it will be made way more difficult once the entire immediate team (~20 people) hears that I’m leaving, I don’t feel comfortable sticking around.
Does that make me a shitty person? I just want to cut ties and walk away. But I also want to be wise about it. I don’t want this to screw me over in the future in some way. I’m not leaving with any references, and I’ve already got this next position/offer in writing and am waiting to connect with HR to finalize employment.
Any advice is welcome and appreciated. Thanks.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: