Is this a valid/reasonable reason to request changing an agreed upon start date for a new job?

Got a new job about a month ago and we tentatively agreed upon a start date of Feb 25th. The job offer was contingent upon passing a drug test and background check. Company was offering relocation and the details of that would be discussed after my job offer was solidified.

Due to various complications, my drug test and background check didn't go through until just recently (drug test was delayed due to factors outside mine or the company's control and the background check was delayed due to several unresponsive references). However, I recently just found out that everything looks good and my employment application is complete. The company representative said that she will forward this information to the HR department and they will call me to confirm several details (such as start date, relocation assistance, etc).

I'm expecting this call tomorrow, less than 1 week out from my tentative start date. But I haven't started my relocation process at all since I was told I would be getting a conversation about that. We had anticipated this to happen several weeks ago, but to the delays it will likely happen tomorrow.

Now this is a massive 2,000+ mile move. If everything goes smoothly, in theory I should still be good to start next Monday. Not only is this a massive stress for me but if anything unforseen were to happen, I am risking potentially not making the start date.

Is it reasonable under these circumstances to request pushing back my start date by 1-2 weeks? If so, would asking for 2 weeks be too much? Asking because this is a big opportunity for me and I really don't want to come off as not being serious about this job. I would hate to start off this new job with a negative impression.

What are the realistic risks of asking for an extension?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Is this a valid/reasonable reason to request changing an agreed upon start date for a new job? Is this a valid/reasonable reason to request changing an agreed upon start date for a new job? Reviewed by Louhi on février 19, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.