[Evaluations] Just had a mid-year eval. Boss has no plan for my growth, but wants me to train others. How can I focus on my development?

I work in a team who claims to be 'AI' and 'Data Science' yet 90% of the people in the team have backgrounds that are completely unrelated, cannot code, and don't know the first thing about statistics. Besides me and another colleague, most of my co-workers work on reporting. My manager doesn't even have a technical background. Can't do stats, can't code, but has taken a data camp course and believes he can do AI.

I recently had my mid-year eval and my boss wants me to teach the team how to "run" my models. I have explained that "running" a script is not the issue, but understanding the underlying math behind these models. He disagrees and says data camp and my ppt presentation should be enough to teach a someone who's never taken stats or coded to run deep learning models.

He has also said other people 'depend' too much on my skills. Which is fine... but that should not be a "me" problem. My manager should be hiring others with similar skills to mine and not have me train people in a matter of 2 weeks to be statisticians.

Unless I am seeing this situation the wrong way, I feel like it is unfair to compare my years of school/grad school and reduce it to a ppt so someone can run my scripts without understanding them. In addition, my manager has no plans for me to develop professionally, besides teachings others. Is this a lost cause, to expect my manager to focus on my growth? Is teaching my co-workers the right way to go?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

[Evaluations] Just had a mid-year eval. Boss has no plan for my growth, but wants me to train others. How can I focus on my development? [Evaluations] Just had a mid-year eval. Boss has no plan for my growth, but wants me to train others. How can I focus on my development? Reviewed by Louhi on février 19, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.