Did I unsell myself? Help!

Edit: oops I meant to type undersell in the title and now I can’t change it LOL

(TLDR at bottom) Hi all! I just had an interview as a bilingual executive assistant to the Chairman of the company .

When asked for desired salary, I KNOW you’re not supposed to say the number first and I asked her for a budget but she kinda put me on the spot and was like “JUST TELL ME A NUMBER! I won’t be shocked I’ve heard it all!!!” So I told her $60-$65k.

Should i have said a higher salary for a bilingual executive assistant in my situation? I googled and apparently EAs in the NYC area make about $75k a year...not to mention bilingual ones. Although different sites varied.

The job is a 1.5hr-2hr commute one way since I live in Long Island City, NY and I have travel to NJ everyday, The company is in the middle of nowhere. The bus between NJ and NY come once an hour so if I miss one I’m fucked. The chairman also specifically told me they were looking to hire someone with my nationality (lol idk).

When I interviewed with the Chairman, he seemed to really like me and basically hired me on the spot (asked to me look up something specific “once I start” and talked as if I was already working there).

I don’t have any experience as an EA but at my current I do some EA-like jobs such as answering calls, booking events and meetings, scheduling, book travel, etc.

TLDR: For someone who is willing to work as a bilingual executive assistant in the middle of nowhere NJ, commute 3hr - 4hr a day, who happens to be bilingual (Chairman doesn’t speak English), who happens to be this particular nationality, and for someone who is seemingly liked by the Chairman who is “desperate for an EA ASAP”, was $60k-$65k too low to ask for at the interview and is there a way to salvage when they offer me the package?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Did I unsell myself? Help! Did I unsell myself? Help! Reviewed by Louhi on février 17, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.