As a 26 year old making strong salary with a B.A. and 3 years of PM experience, am I silly in asking for a raise?
Hello!
I was hoping to ask for some advice today. Not sure whether I'm thinking rationally or not, and I'd love to get some insight.
I'm 26, and am coming up at my 1 year mark at my new job. Before this, I worked for 2.2 years at a very well-known software company as a project manager. I made great money there (~78) but ended up leaving because it was so incredibly stressful. I started at my new job almost a year ago.
My old job culture: young, fast paced, strong communication, strong PM culture, customer facing, tons of responsibility, worked with people who blew me away in terms of their performance and intelligence. This helped me to develop a strong set of PM skills, and a strong work ethic.
I took a decent (~8) paycut to start my new job. The culture here is pretty much the opposite, and in terms of output, I don't think there's anyone here on my level (That sounds super douchey, I know, but it's kinda true) apart from the CEO - my direct boss.
I go above any beyond, I'm always willing to take on new projects, I'm continuously getting good feedback, and I'm literally on the forefront of changing the company culture myself.
Now.. I'm interested in asking for a raise at my one-year mark. I will also have to request a one year review myself as most things are very laissez faire here. My boss told me when he offered me my job "If you do a good job, it won't be long before you get back up to the *previous salary*", but obviously nothing in writing. My job now is also so much less stressful, there are some perks, but mostly a lot fewer perks than my last job.
I'm 26 and I'm not trying to overestimate myself. I know that I make good money for my background. But part of me wants to push for that raise. Am I flying too close to the sun? What would you recommend in evaluating this decision? Thanks!
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: