Leave my production job for a convenience store job possibly full time?

So I work at a small printing company as a production worker. Which I am not happy about doing cause my days just have me feeding paper through machines, deliveries and putting together train manuals. I told the hiring manager for the convenience store that she handles that I was turning down the job offer yesterday. But I was job hunting a couple hours before going to work and I saw the same position come up. I felt a little torn and had second thoughts.

She told me the job is full-time and from what I gathered after talking to the hiring manager it is 30 hours every work week, possibly overtime and might work a few days with varying shifts. Sunday and Monday would be 11PM-7AM. Other two shifts being 3 PM-11 PM. It pays $12.50 an hour compared to my job it is $11.00 an hour for 40 hours. Now I don't know what to do at all.

The hiring manager told me I'd need to come in for two days for a trial period to see if it would work and this job was right for me. That they wouldn't yank me from current job until they had a fit for full-time possibly but I'd start part-time. Which she says wouldn't take too long to happen for full-time. Also I asked what the benefits were and she told me that after a year it would be talked about...a year to talk about what the benefits are? That raised a red flag for me. It doesn't seem like an unjust question to ask what the benefits are...

I did ask if it was guaranteed full-time which she seemed to said in a sense that might imply it is. Like I said when I asked, she seemed adamant about it being that way. But someone mentioned that convenience stores are fickle about bringing people in and hiring. But the job posting they had that I applied for closed so I don't know if that means I'd have full-time for a good while. Before something comes up that might mess up my chances. But she says it'd be full-time.

What should I even do? It's hard to even consider a job switch, even with a convenience store. I'd make a little more if I at least managed to work 35 hours with the current rate of pay they offer. But I have the job security of a 40-hour work week job despite how dull it is. I also don't know how I can bring this up to the owner (the boss) and be like "Hey can you give me two days off from work to go try out this job I'm thinking about going to?" Because the hiring manager said that I'd need to do it for two days of the week and that it isn't open on the weekends. Which leaves me with little room for an alternative. I have no idea how to do this all around.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Leave my production job for a convenience store job possibly full time? Leave my production job for a convenience store job possibly full time? Reviewed by Louhi on janvier 03, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.