How to ask for working remote/transfer?

I work for a super small company that feels more like family than an office. I work in marketing. My boyfriend moved last year March to LA. I work and live in NYC. We both decided that it is time for me to move to LA as well. Since my line of work is in entertainment, LA isn't too much of a stretch (some of our clients actually live in that area). And honestly, my work can be done very easily remote. My boss knows my bf moved to LA and has also inquired a little bit of what my plans were. At the time, I wasn't sure (a few months ago). My lease is up in NYC at the end of February and ideally, I would like to move straight to LA. So it is a bit of short notice, unfortunately.

Long story short.. I want to ask my boss(es) if I can work from home in LA. I will work the same hours. On one hand I think they will go for it (they seem to really like me.... I got a raise and bonus during the holidays). I work hard and I believe I can communicate quite well via phone and email. My boss even mentioned WeWork options for 2020 when he renewed the lease for 2019. We already have one colleague working remote in Dallas (though she had been working for the company for over 10 years when she asked to work remote and her work is slightly different and less reliant on the rest of the team).

However, now my anxiety has gotten the best of me and I'm second guessing myself. What if they don't let me? What if they rather let me go, then let me transfer? Will they fire me just for asking? Knowing that I will look for another job then.

I would love to offer a test run/trial time... To fly back to NYC often (since we both love NYC and have family here to come back to). I have a personal laptop I am willing to use (so no extra costs for a set up). I'm even willing to pay for my own flights to fly to NYC every 2-3 months.

How do I ask this? How do I negotiate? I've only worked for them for 1,5 years and my boss is definitely a bit of a micro manager... So that is what I'm most nervous about. Him not letting me leave out of his sight.

TL:DR Wanting to ask my boss to move to another city and work remote for the company. Super nervous and not sure how to bring it up/how to negotiate.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

How to ask for working remote/transfer? How to ask for working remote/transfer? Reviewed by Louhi on janvier 03, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.