Cant secure a placement...

I'm currently in my second year at university, and part of my course is to do a year in industry, however, I need to actually secure a placement myself.

I'm an economics student at a top 10 UK university, so as you can imagine, most of the placements are extremely competitive. I've applied to quite a few and am yet to get an email back, I actually feel like none of these companies are even taking my application seriously (perhaps overly negative but this is what I believe). Most of these companies get 100s to 1000s of applicants for maybe 1-5 vacancies. I simply don't think my application will even survive one brief look at from any of them. I have limited work experience (manual labour + primary school teaching assistant) whilst my peers have all had at least 5-6 relevant jobs/internships, I'm from a very working class background and simply haven't had these opportunities, I'm still only 20. The only slightly impressive thing about my CV is my sporting background, but realistically, I doubt they care, they're employing me to work not play sports.

How can I make my application stand out? Any tips/tricks? Should I email them directly rather than going through their normal application process? I'm truly lost.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Cant secure a placement... Cant secure a placement... Reviewed by Louhi on janvier 03, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.