Having trouble with start date and giving notice. Need help!

I accepted a new job with the start date of January 28 last week, thinking that the date would work because I’d be able to give my current employer 2 weeks notice. When I tried to give my notice yesterday, my boss said that the company requires a month notice. The penalty for not given this notice is allegedly withholding of PTO payout and ineligiblity to be rehired by the company.

After one email exchange with my current HR rep, they did not realize that the termination policy had be changed and that the policy now states 3 weeks notice as the expected notice. In my reading of the policy, there’s no mention of withholding of PTO payout and the rehire ban seems like it’s for employees who don’t give notice—I don’t see anything that explicitly states that 3 weeks notice is require, only expected.

I can’t get in contact with the HR person at the new company, so I feel like I’m stuck giving 2 weeks notice anyway and hoping that my interpretation of the policy is correct. Not sure if anyone here can advise me here.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Having trouble with start date and giving notice. Need help! Having trouble with start date and giving notice. Need help! Reviewed by Louhi on janvier 16, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.