I recently had an interview with an economist position and I would say it went alright, like a 6/10 score (answered questions fairly okay but wasn't nailing it). The one section was that they slid over a paper with 10 economics questions and told me to answer one. I did, and then they asked for a second question. I answered them correctly, if a little more of a social policy answer than an economics answer, but I was relieved they didn't ask me to answer anymore because I doubt I would have answered any of the others correctly.
I have a degree in economics with a 4.0 but I think that economics is such a broad field that you forget concepts unless you have a very specific focus (ie, labor economics or foreign exchange), and my Master's has taken a behavioral/social approach.
I have another economics interview with a labor statistics group, so obviously I'll brush up on labor economics, but I guess how else should I prepare if it's just an interview for an "economist" position? Is it normal to have them ask you to answer questions you would find on a college exam without giving you notice? Should I be worried that they'll ask me to do an excel data calculation?
TL;DR: Economics interview asked exam short answer questions for economics concepts, is this normal and how do you prepare for questions in such a broad field?
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: