Exaggerating Retail Duties?

Throwaway account

So I'm looking for internships at the moment, and my retail experiences do not lend themselves to my field whatsoever. I'm talking like all I've done in sophomore and freshman year of college is stock shelves, deal with customers, etc.

Would a background check, especially if the managers of the two previous workplaces don't remember me well/left for another store, notice if I embellished details of my experience like:

Instead of "talked with customers" I wrote "engaged in customers for an extra x minutes per engagement, resulting in an uptick of x% of weekly/monthly/yearly revenue"

That information was plastered on a board in the breakroom, and it would be easy enough to lie about. I could BS a story about how I noted that my shift on register equated to roughly x amount of money, and that averaged out resulted in a small but tangible increase in sales compared to when I didn't talk to customers.

If I could lie about it, like embellishing these details, just to get my foot in the door, what's the likelihood that I get caught? Reddit seems to be of the opinion that in professional life, big lies like education are a no-no, but I don't see a lot of college kids asking about embellishing their shitty retail jobs to try and get some tangible experience down.

Thanks everyone.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Exaggerating Retail Duties? Exaggerating Retail Duties? Reviewed by Louhi on janvier 16, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.