So I've been working for pharmaceutical companies for 7 years before I found a job at a walking distance from my home in a hospital.
Very quickly after I changed I realized I had made a huge mistake. The job paid a lot less, but I thought this would be covered by the fact that my hours would be much more confined and I wouldn't have any travel time.
It seemed like the job consisted of a lot of tasks which the other teammembers didn't really like to do, so they hired a new person to do this for them. Also, after I took on the job I quickly realized that they made me the lowest ranking team member, so everybody started acting like my boss. To make matters worse, the money for my salary came from two different departments to cover costs, so I basically had 2 departments I worked for, and two official bosses to answer to. The official bosses were actually quite okay, but I rarely ever saw them, so I got all my work and directions from immediate colleagues which I found rather strange.
We were also unable to make ends meet for months on end after I switched positions, which made me feel like the job switch was irresponsible towards my children and their future.
After a few months, I decided to go back to my former job. I heard a position re-opened and they were glad to have me back.
Normally, I'm always very open about this and communicate with the boss about my motivations, whilst doing my notice weeks. However, last week I fell with my bicycle and broke my right hand, which will require surgery and makes me unable to work for 5 weeks after which I will start my old position back.
I feel super guilty about this whole situation, as first I leave them stranded for a few weeks as I'm unable to work. I know they are holding onto idle hope and counting the days to my return to dump the crappy tasks on me. And to make matters worse, I won't even be returning, EVER.
Does anyone know how I best approach this situation professionally and courteously? I'm not mad at anyone, just going another direction, but I'm pretty sure they will all be quite mad at me after they hear I won't even be returning after my sick leave.
TL;DR: Fell with bike, broke hand, need surgery and can't work for 5 weeks, changing jobs after sick leave, how to best approach this situation as no one has a clue yet that I'm quitting.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: