Hey friends!
Looking for some advice on my current job situation. I joined the company working in a department, (we’ll call it dept A for these purposes) with some visionary hiring managers expressing that while they couldn’t pay me everything I wanted (more of a lateral move) they could offer me growth opportunities. This was two years ago. Sure enough, after 9 months of working for the company, I received a minor promotion into dept B. Since I was the only one who knew the key account in dept A, I was asked to continue operations in my role until after the busy season. Well, a coworker got in a life threatening car accident and my visionary boss was laid off in the process, so this transition from A to B is on its 9th month and counting. Meaning I have worked two jobs for nine months under one conservative salary.
My company has been undergoing a acquisition, which is the reason for a lot of the uncertainty and opportunity. In that acquisition, I was given my new role and I have done the best I could to grow that into something valuable for the company. My role integrates many departments in multiple countries and is essential for business growth. The issue is that my new role only receives 50 percent of my time. I have been set up for failure, in my opinion, because my old role was never transitioned out of.
Now of course I have voiced this to my new boss. My old boss was working on a new hire, but I have just learned we were put on a hiring freeze (after being misled into thinking they were going to hire someone “within weeks”). After learning this yesterday, I approached my boss and asked that If department A’s duties were still mine while I was being paid by dept B, why wouldn’t my burden of my old job go to dept A to figure out? I was told “because it is already your burden”. So that tells me I am being taken advantage of for how much I know on the account.
I’m not sure what else to do here, I have voiced my opinion and frustrations to multiple bosses at this point, but have gotten nowhere. I have sacrificed so much for this company, and that’s on me, but it is now crystal clear that I am not being helped in my situation. My boss is a micromanager (she is my new boss but was just someone in my dept before my old boss was laid off). She asked me to do a time study for 5 weeks that outlined my day via 15 min increments every day. I’m not entirely sure why, but I felt completely demoralized when I did this, like something I did years ago in college. I don’t doubt my own work ethic or intelligence, and neither have bosses in my past.
I have been looking for and interviewing for positions for 2 months now, having a few second interviews this week and beyond. Things are looking good for job prospects and I will likely have something within a couple of months, but I have also been turned down a few times/no response from dozens. I wonder if it would be better for my sanity to give my notice now so I can focus on the job hunt and potentially even do some home renovation projects I have been wanting to do. Would this screw me over in the job hunt for the future? How to I explain this to potential employers in that case? I want to tough this out, but my morale is declining and I’m realizing I’m not getting much help with my roles at work when I express how under water I am.
What would you do? Any advice is appreciated and let me know if you have questions.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: