Offered promotion out of the blue

Long story short, my boss brought me into his office today announcing my co-worker put their two week notice in and that he would like me to take over their position once they're gone. This position would be more challenging and faster paced than what I am doing now. When I started working at this company, I was offered $17.00 an hour, two weeks prior to graduating with my Bachelors in Business Admin, and now have been at this employer for approximately one year. My current boss offered me an increase in pay to $21.00 an hour, and potential overtime (I do not currently have the ability to work overtime with my current position). My situation is this: I have an interview in two weeks for a position with a company that I would be excited to work for with the possibility of making $55,000-$60,000/year based on information that a recruiter provided me. My current boss would like me to make a decision on this new roll by tomorrow so I am crunched for time in terms of making a decision. So my question is this: Should I take the new position and increase in pay, or decline and hope that I get the other position that I am interviewing for? I don't want to burn any bridges with my current employer because I'm afraid I may not get a promotion like this again if I am to decline this one. Just to note: I am not happy with my current pay and the $4 bump would be nice, but I know with my education and experience, I have the ability to make much more elsewhere. I'd appreciate any advice you guys have. Thanks.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Offered promotion out of the blue Offered promotion out of the blue Reviewed by Louhi on décembre 21, 2018 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.