Hi I just started a job where I'm supposed to bring the labs up to normal safety standards. I've only been there 5 days and already I'm being weighed down with a huge workload, which I can't keep up with. The labs are the most neglected laboratories I've ever worked in. These aren't old, one has just been built, but the scientists never clean them, they confirmed to me the fumehood hasn't been cleaned in decades. There are serious safety violations. When I point these out they do nothing, although they don't say, they expect me to physically fix all the problems (including cleaning all 4 labs myself). They won't order anything I ask them to, and either try to fog me off by substituting the product with some cheap consumable already in their lab or having a go at me. For example: they put their serological (long glass) pipettes in an old ripped reused cardboard box on the floor and just won't order a proper bin! I asked them to do this on my first day and it would've come by now, but instead they insist on using a large sharp bin instead "as a temporary measure while deciding on what type to order" even though I already told them. When I pointed out they are exposing themselves and other people to UV as there's no protection, they responded with: "you come in here and tell us what to do! You don't come in here when we leave the UV on and we'll do it any time we like!" Those were their words. This is despite it being pointed out I was hired to tell people how to work sately and bring the labs up to scratch and I need to work in that room. These are by far the most fithly labs I've ever been in. There's debris and cobwebs everywhere. There's more but the post is already quite long. What do you think I should do? I have no authority, I'm not a manager, so rely on cooperation. I'm concerned this job just can't continue under such resistance and if I bring this up with my boss, the people could become more difficult to work with.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: