Just started a new FT job 4 months ago while going to school FT. Thought I could handle it but feeling like I’m spreading myself too thin, depressed, hate the new job, and my grades are suffering because of it
I got a new job about 4 months ago doing factory work. It’s a full time, swing shift schedule, meaning I work 12 hour shifts and rotate constantly between working night shift and day shift, flipping back an forth after every shift. I work weekends, holidays, you name it. I’m also going to school full time online, and while it is online and some may think it would be more manageable, every class I am taking is accelerated; meaning they cram 14 weeks worth of lectures, quizzes, exams, homework into 7 weeks. I’m in my early 20s and just recently started going back after years of not knowing what I wanted to do with my life, working different jobs/fields to see what I was interested in. This new job is extremely stressful as it is, and now we are being told by upper management that we will all start to be mandated overtime starting shortly. I’m already struggling to keep up with deadlines and my proctored tests and quiz grades are starting to slip due to me not having time to study. When I’m off, all I do is try and catch up on sleep as I am completely exhausted from my schedule. I wake up in the middle of the night in a sweat about my job. My one coworker even told me that if he were me, he’d quit and find something else. All of my coworkers hate it there. I wake up depressed and stressed out every day. I hate to complain as I am thankful for having a job! I just don’t know what to do and feel as though I am spreading myself too thin. Am I overreacting, should I suck it up and stay where I’m at? Should I find something part time so I can still help my fiancé pay rent but focus more on school? (This is the option he suggested)
I guess I just wanted an unbiased opinion as to whether I’m having a freak out moment or if I should really move on. I hate quitting a job only after being there for such a short amount of time but honestly I don’t know what else to do.
Any advice or thoughts are appreciated, thank you.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: