Having cold feet on new job offer. Need advice.

I need some help making a decision on how to proceed forward. Currently, I work for a large, well-known computer company in a marketing role, but my team is primarily development and QA. I’ve been there for about 2 years and it has a reputation for being male-dominated, which has been a big education for me, it’s transformed me as a professional and made me more cunning and strategic when dealing with work because of how cutthroat it is there. However, I’m not happy with my team and my role primarily because I feel siloed and I don’t have a team of marketers for support but I do have people from other teams I can connect with for additional support. People on my team treat my role as useless or as a way to micromanage/own what I do and it’s tiring having to deal with that because they do not have expertise in that area. I make good money and have great benefits so I’m comfortable financially.

I’ve been applying for external jobs for months now, and I was offered another marketing position at a smaller company, one of my company’s clients as a reseller of their products. I will be working on a team of other marketers doing the same job and have my own portfolio of work. The job pays $14k more and is a brand new team.

I’m having hesitations because while the new job I accepted seems as an upgrade in pay and having a team, I’m having cold feet because I didn’t try to apply for internal roles at my current company at all. It’s also hard to get into and is a lead in company for a FAANG, which is ultimately where I want to be at some point in my career. Once people know I work for this company, they take me seriously and it’s a preferred employer in my city. My mental health was challenged at this company but I haven’t had the experience of being on medication or part of a mass layoff (yet), but from what I’ve learned that’s common in such a large company and just in corporate culture in general.

The reason why I wanted to leave this role was because I felt my management wasn’t very supportive of me yet took ownership of my work and because I was siloed. I wanted to own my projects, but I can also see due to the competitive nature of the company, those types are anywhere too and something I could very well encounter later on in my career. So I’m trying to assess if my issues are just gripes of corporate culture or within reason to leave.

I talked to a family member about it and she mentioned I wouldn’t lose anything if I stayed with my current job financial wise and that I shouldn’t have fear of another external opportunity coming my way either because I’m talented and smart.

I signed my offer letter at the new company but I haven’t given my current employer my notice just yet since I’m on break, so I have some time to think about it.

Any advice?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Having cold feet on new job offer. Need advice. Having cold feet on new job offer. Need advice. Reviewed by Louhi on décembre 25, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.