Timing two hiring processes at once

I work in a bit of a niche profession and have recently moved to an area where there is a bit of a shortage. Employers rely on hiring from out of region, and there is a housing crisis here so new hires often don't stick. This means I am in a strong position since I am already here. It's also a very small world within my professional circles so it's really important to be honest and direct as much as possible. There are two jobs that have come up recently that I have applied for.

Local Job: I informally met with the soon-to-be manager of this position a month ago. He told me that this position would be coming available and that they've had recent hiring challenges. The afternoon after meeting with me, he sent me a link to a brand new job posting that would be perfect for me. This job sounds interesting, is at my skill level, and is close enough I could walk. The posting closes today.

Out of Town (OT) Job: This job is still good. It's an hour commute but carpooling and remote work is available. It is a bit less interesting and is closer to entry level whereas I have more experience. I passed the first round interview and have a formal zoom interview next week where I can learn a bit more about the role.

Out of Town (OT) Job is moving much more quickly than Local Job, but I currently prefer Local Job. I don't want to burn any bridges with either place. Is it worth reaching out to my contact at Local Job and letting them know where I am at so they could potentially interview sooner if they want me? Or should I wait and see if I even get an offer from OT Job?

I presume that I should wait for an offer with OT Job before explaining the situation in a diplomatic way or stalling for time a bit? I don't want to burn bridges and I think I would honestly be happy at OT Job if Local Job doesn't work out.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Timing two hiring processes at once Timing two hiring processes at once Reviewed by Louhi on août 27, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.