Please help me plan a career path so I can choose my masters major

TLDR: I want to know the career path best for me based on my interests so that I can apply for the right masters program.

I am a Computer Science student (final year) from one of India's top Unis. I have secured a job at a well-paying American company (the same job in the US pays 90-100k) and I want to go to the US since the pay is significantly more there (I know COL will also go up, but my savings will also be proportionately higher. It's criminal how low the pay is here in comparison). Unfortunately, my company does not have a policy/program for transfers to the US like Amazon, so the easiest way for me to do that is to go for a masters in the US. The problem is that I don't know what to master in since I have not decided a career path.

I really enjoy SWE and SDE work, and I also minored in finance (and also math) so I have some interest in this field too but primarily tech-based. I also want to eventually move into management where I'm in charge of projects since I can't see myself doing the coding job forever. My goal is to chart a path relevant to my interests such that I maximize my earnings over my career.

From my interests it may seem obvious that majoring in computational finance and working in quant will be my best shot at money but as of now I'm not sure whether I am interested enough in finance to pursue a degree and a full time job in it. What I can do instead is join a banking firm as a software engineer and then transitioning to quant over time. So with this my career path would look something like SWE -> Quant -> Management. This I've read seems to make financial sense since SWEs are paid well in the beginning and eventually quants earn more and upper management always take homes the most. Is this true? Would this be an ideal career path or are there better alternatives?

Now to do this or the alternatives (since I may not follow the exact path, things change) does it make sense for me to do just a MS CS, or should I go for one of those MS CS + MBA courses (either dual degree or some one year tracks which combine courses from both like tech.cornell.edu/programs/masters-programs/master-in-computer-science/). Another option would be something like Masters in Engineering Management with a CS track (or is that meant for later in my career?). What are the pros and cons for each? The goal is still to maximize career earnings.

I apologize for the lengthy post. I'm someone that just likes to do all the research, get all the details ironed out, and plan everything; but with this I haven't been able to come to a conclusion. I would appreciate any kind of inputs and/or suggestions.

PS: I was considering consultancy as well but the WLB seems really bad so I'm not so sure about that. And anyway if I join that, it'll be after many YOE and not immediately so my major shouldn't affect it, right?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Please help me plan a career path so I can choose my masters major Please help me plan a career path so I can choose my masters major Reviewed by Louhi on août 30, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.