Newly entered the workforce, stressed all the time, need help managing expectations

Hi everyone, I’m 25f, graduated with my masters in history May 2020, moved to a new city in April 2021 and finally got a job as a cataloger for an auction house May 2021. Prior to this job I’ve never worked full time, I’ve worked multiple part time retail positions and university positions as a TA, internships, etc.

The negatives: I’ve only been at this job for four months now but I feel it draining the life out of me every day. It’s hourly 8:30-5 and pays well but there are no benefits and I have to work weekends at least once a month. I also don’t get 15 minute breaks like I did with retail jobs, just an hour lunch. It’s a warehouse environment in central Texas without air conditioning so I am constantly uncomfortable temperature wise, it’s also pretty dirty.

Positives: I like all my coworkers so there isn’t an issue with workplace toxicity. There is no upward mobility but I’m currently not concerned with that. The field is a really good one for someone with my major/skills to remain in, I get to do basic historical research which is more than most history majors get to do. The skills are transferable to any state/country

but I just feel like I have zero time for myself. There is no paid time off and vacations are frowned upon so I have no clue when I will see my family next. I feel like I should stay in this niche field because it pays well and there are opportunities elsewhere, but basically I feel depressed daily.

I’m concerned that I am just being lazy and this is what full time work is like, I started therapy to try to manage my expectations better but I am hesitant to go on medication just to deal with a work situation. I am looking for remote work that I am qualified for but I need advice on whether this is sadly normal or if it’s justified for me to look about moving on.

TLDR: new to full time work, I’m unsure if my expectations are too high or if it’s time to look for a different job

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Newly entered the workforce, stressed all the time, need help managing expectations Newly entered the workforce, stressed all the time, need help managing expectations Reviewed by Louhi on août 30, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.