Leaving a full-time job for a contract position?

I just got offered a 1 year contract position with a big company, $10k more in pay, and it'll be in my desired field, but I'm just not 100% sure if I should leave my current job for this..

Right now, I'm in a full time job with pretty good pay, but it's not in the field that I want at all (customer service). This seems like a no brainer that I should take the contract position since I would be able to get experience in the field I'm trying to go into, but I'm afraid things could go wrong with the contract. I've never been in a contract position before so I guess i'm just a little nervous.

I've been thinking about what if the contract cancels after I've put in my two weeks in or what if they let me go out of nowhere - I feel like this is more easily done with contractors than full timers.

Should I take this position? What are some things that I should consider before making the move?

Edit: Wanted to also add that my current job is remote. This new one would start as remote but they're planning on returning to the office in the next few months. The office is about 20-30 minutes away from me, so gas/travel is also a factor I'm thinking about

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Leaving a full-time job for a contract position? Leaving a full-time job for a contract position? Reviewed by Louhi on août 31, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.