Working with Two Recruiters, Possibly DQ'd from Job Consideration - Please Advise

Hi everyone! I'm in a strange situation in the interviewing/hiring process, and I'm looking for some advice on how to handle this situation.

I'm a recent college graduate with a BS in a technical field. I've been applying to jobs since March, but until recently, I had not been having much luck - only a couple of interviews, none of which led to offers.

Recently, I was approached by a recruiting agency (let's call them Recruiter A) regarding an open opportunity at a large Fortune 500 company. The role would be an open-length contract at this company, wherein I would be responsible for doing low-level work, but with very limited opportunities to build my technical expertise, develop professionally, or build a career. This position would be a open-length contract through the recruiting agency, but after at least a year, the agency helps you move into a direct-employment role at the company whenever a position opens up. However, I stand a very good chance of landing the role, as they're hiring to fill 5+ open positions.

I had no other leads at this point, and admittedly, I was starting to get desperate after having so little success with other applications, so I expressed my interest to the recruiter and asked for an interview with the hiring team. At no point did I sign any kind of non-compete contract or exclusivity agreement forbidding me from working with other recruiting agencies.

Two days later, I was contacted by a recruiter at a different agency (we'll call them Recruiter B). Recruiter B offered a role at the same Fortune 500 company, but this role would be higher-level and have many more opportunities for training, professional development, and career-building. The subject matter of this second role is also much more interesting to me than the first position. This role would be a 1-year training program with paid training alongside the normal 40-hour work week and other perks and benefits. The first-year compensation is very similar to the other position, and they also help their contract employees to hire in directly at the completion of the 1 year training program. However, their contractors go on to make higher salaries once they hire into the company directly. Conversely, Recruiter B is only hiring for 2 positions (compared to 5+ for Recruiter A), so the chances of getting the job are much lower.

At this point, I had yet to interview for Recruiter A's position, so I expressed my interest to Recruiter B and also asked for an interview. Again, I did not sign any kind of exclusivity or non-compete agreement.

In summary so far, Recruiter A contacted me first with a safer opportunity and lower ceiling, while Recruiter B contacted me second about a riskier, but much more exciting opportunity with a higher ceiling.

After a phone screen with Recruiter A, I scheduled a final-round interview with the hiring team at the client company for the following week. I then had a first-round video interview with Recruiter B. I felt this interview went well, and I'm excited about the position. During this interview, Recruiter B asked if I had any other pending interviews or offers, so in the interest of honesty and transparency, I disclosed that I had also expressed interest to Recruiter A about their role at this same company. I thought nothing of it, although I hindsight, I feel that I mishandled this somehow.

Today, I had the final-round interview with the client company for Recruiter A's position. I felt I did well in this interview as well, and I think I have a good shot at landing the position. Admittedly, though, it does not interest me as much as Recruiter B's position. A job is a job, though.

After that interview today, I received a call from Recruiter B's boss. Recruiter B's boss inquired about the status of my interview process for Recruiter A's position that I had previously disclosed to them, so I tried to tactfully explain the progress I had made so far. Recruiter B's boss then informed me that if I were to continue the interview/hiring process for Recruiter A's role, that would unfortunately disqualify me from consideration for Recruiter B's position, as it would constitute a conflict of interest (it would be unfair for Recruiter B to take a candidate away from a different recruiting agency's role at their client company and have them interview for a different role at the same company).

She then informed me that if I were to be rejected or voluntarily withdraw from Recruiter A's position by the end of this week or early next week, I could stay in consideration for Recruiter B's position, as the conflict of interest would be removed.

I feel really shitty about the whole situation and am not sure what to do. I understand that recruiters are primarily working to advance their own interests, not mine, but I feel as though I somewhat knowingly stumbled into an ethical minefield. I'm not sure how to proceed without ruffling any feathers or burning any bridges.

At the same time, I'm genuinely excited about Recruiter B's opportunity - I've not been this excited about any other positions that I've applied for all year. But I'm not sure if it's worth giving up a relatively safe bet via Recruiter A to take a risk on Recruiter B's more attractive role.

If you've made it this far, thank you! I'm sorry it took so long to explain the situation. So my question is, how can I go about resolving and defusing this situation in the most ethical manner while also protecting my own interests and career prospects?

I really appreciate any comments, insight, or advice.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Working with Two Recruiters, Possibly DQ'd from Job Consideration - Please Advise Working with Two Recruiters, Possibly DQ'd from Job Consideration - Please Advise Reviewed by Louhi on juillet 06, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.