Should I let my current employer know that I am looking at other jobs?

I am presently in talks with another company and might go to work for them if an agreement is reached. The chances look pretty good.

I honestly don't think my employer cares much about me. I know they will be devastated when they learn I am leaving - not because they like me or that I am special. There just aren't too many people in my field and I will be hard to replace in the short term. In the long term they will be fine without me. But in the short term they will be really scrambling and overworked.

I do know that you shouldn't burn bridges and you should be nice to people on the way up, as you may encounter them on the way back down. But again, I don't feel cared for or appreciated where I am. So should I just give 2 weeks notice when the time comes? Or let them know now so they have a bit more time and are in a better position to do what they need to do to fill my role. If I told them now, and if I get the other job, they would have maybe a month or a bit longer.

I intend to leave no matter what, even if I don't secure another job. I figure I would stay for another couple of months at the most even if I do not find another position with another company. But if things happen the way I want, I might be signing with someone else in the next ten days, and then I'd be giving the notice to my current bosses.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Should I let my current employer know that I am looking at other jobs? Should I let my current employer know that I am looking at other jobs? Reviewed by Louhi on juillet 28, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.