Received and Offer…. Now Complicated

2 weeks ago, I started applying for other positions outside of my current field. The reasons for switching are based on my desires in engineering and the lack of acknowledgment from my current employer. Through my first 2 years, I was under the impression I was not performing well… at all.

I got an offer from a company that practices electronics, which was my field of choice after college. Very hastily, I accepted the position and told my mentor/boss I am leaving the company.

For the rest of the week, I was begged to stay because “My mentor believes I am going to be his greatest success.” (I think he is full of crap). All week I tried to dismiss comments of keeping me but on Friday, he gave me the name your price tool. I had no idea how well I was doing because I was never told.

I told him pricing a chance to switch fields to do something I WANT to do is difficult; therefore, I requested a 25% raise. My mind was blown when he said, “Okay. We have a number and will continue this on Monday.”

I really am not a greedy person and I feel horrible about “playing games” with my current employer. Part of me wishes i never caved in with a number but this is an obvious opportunity to advance myself financially.

What the hell do I even say to my potential new employer!?! I SIGNED THE OFFER LETTER.

I really could use some advice.. thanks for reading!

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Received and Offer…. Now Complicated Received and Offer…. Now Complicated Reviewed by Louhi on juillet 25, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.