I walked out of my job in the middle of the day...

I graduated in December 2019 with a Bachelor in Business Administration and then everything shut down due to Covid. I didn't find a job, let alone an interview until about 2 months ago.

Now, just some backstory, I have a great deal of experience in Accounting, from college classes and internships/staff accountant positions. And accounting was my major until the last 2 classes when my mental health was not great so I just took what was left for the BBA so I could just get the hell out.

So I started this job as an office manager at a law firm which required a pretty decent amount of accounting related tasks. I was the only person in the office besides the attorney and he didn't trust computers or quicbooks so it was my duty to use those since he didn't know how. The pay was $15/hour and I didn't feel like this was a fair amount due in part because the girl I replaced made this amount with no degree and because of my past work experience. (Please let me know if I'm being a choosing beggar, I would genuinely like feedback)

So the previous girl trains me for 2 weeks and all the while my boss keeps remarking about how he wishes she didn't have to leave and that my task is to be so good that I make him forget about her.

Finally she leaves for good and I am on my own. This seem good, I receive constructive criticism, although I really wouldn't call it that because he more just told me how he prefers things to be done. No problem.

Then one day I mess up a call transfer. It is my second week on the job. He throws his hands in the air, lays his head on his desk and sighs very loudly/dramatically. I get the call transferred the second time and he immediately begins bad mouthing me to the client on the phone which I find very unprofessional. But I let it go. Then he gets on the phone with someone else and brings up my mistake again, badmouthing me.

On my lunch break, I run errands for the office (make the deposits, put the bills in the mail, etc.) But this lunch break I package the receipts, deposit slips, and any other related paperwork into an envelope with the key and stick it through the mail slot. Fuck it, I'm out.

My boss never calls to see what happened. Instead, he gets the girl who trained me (who has moved out of state by this point) and tells her how incompetent I am because 1. I sent out a letter late and 2. I messed up a phone transfer. One transfer. I had done several before and after that incident.

I am going back to school in the fall and as it turns out, I only have 2 classes left to complete in order to obtain a second degree which will definitely be accounting. All those years I spent trying to figure out a major, meandering through college actually helped me out because once I graduate I will have enough credits to take the CPA exam. And because I worked 2 separate jobs at different accounting firm that will also help me with regards to the CPA exam.

I apologize for not really knowing where I was going with this ridiculous wall of text. I am glad I will be able to finish my second degree quickly but I am bummed that this guy told everyone from our clients to his friends and my coworkers that I am incompetent. Idk I just really needed to reach out. Thanks

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

I walked out of my job in the middle of the day... I walked out of my job in the middle of the day... Reviewed by Louhi on juillet 03, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.