I accepted a job offer but now I want to back out. Advice?

Two days ago I accepted a job offer because I wanted the schedule (4 tens) and to get out of my exhausting line cook job at a small local restaurant. I also did a background check and fingerprinting (I paid for this). I did not accept the offer because I actually want the position offered. They do not have any positions open that I would actually WANT to do. The job is still as a cook, but in a different setting. They also do not have health benefits, which is something I've been looking for. The pay is only slightly higher. It's important to note that, due to being short staffed, I have been so exhausted that I can't bring myself to shower for days at a time, I eat garbage, I can't sleep, my body hurts and the stress has been immense. I'm burnt out and overworked, very little work/life balance. I don't normally actually dislike my job. In fact, it's one of the best jobs I've ever had. But there has been far too much business and not enough employees. I also want to do something else, I don't want to cook anymore . I really love my coworkers and feel very close with them. They are just as exhausted as I am and will be even more so when I leave. After working a full shift after accepting the new job and putting in my resignation, I am feeling like I don't want to leave yet. I care deeply about my coworkers and don't want them to suffer more than they are. I also don't think I will excel in the new job, which doesn't have a lot of room for moving up. I know I CAN cancel my acceptance but I feel very guilty. I realize I should not have accepted the job offer, but it felt right at the time. I know the job I accepted would be more fulfilling but I don't think that balances out the other drawbacks and incompatibilities. I don't know where to turn for advice. I guess I just want someone to tell me that it's okay to back out once I've accepted a job.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

I accepted a job offer but now I want to back out. Advice? I accepted a job offer but now I want to back out. Advice? Reviewed by Louhi on juillet 03, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.